Resiliency - Overview
Resiliency training is about developing the skills to overcome the natural, counterproductive tendencies we have all developed over the centuries that get in the way of personal success. For example, we are naturally wired to process information with a negativity bias, subconsciously assuming the worst. As another example, many people have a natural tendency to catastrophise small problems, bringing about strong emotional responses to minor adversities. These natural tendencies impact our workplace productivity, employee morale and even company culture.
- Increased productivity
- Employee wellness
- More effective collaboration
- Reduced stress
- Increased employee engagement
- Consider the significance of emotional intelligence in leadership
Managing Change - Overview
This highly practical course is focused on the tools, techniques and strategies needed to effectively plan for, and manage, change. Providing delegates with the knowledge and skills needed to anticipate change, to focus their efforts where the most business benefit can be gained, to manage the human and financial aspects of change, to plan, implement and monitor change and to identify and manage stakeholders through effective project plans and communication, this course is a solid overview of change management that will be of benefit to new and existing managers and team leaders alike.
- For each delegate to understand the nature of change
- For each delegate to be able to anticipate and forecast change
- For each delegate to confidently manage the aspects of change
- For each delegate to be able to use planning tools to implement a change
- For each delegate to be able to monitor a change plan
- For each delegate to manage and communicate effectively with stakeholders
This programme concentrates on making the transition to a first line management role. Through group work and work-based activities it imparts up-to-date, best practice methods of managing and leading. The delegate will gain personal awareness of their leadership style and how to adapt their natural style to engage and motivate individuals within their team. They will also learn how to manage the team to ensure maximum team effectiveness in the workplace.
- To develop responsibilities and accountabilities of the first line manager
- To manage the issues, you may face with work-based friends and colleagues when moving from ‘peer’ to ‘leader’
- To build and manage an effective team through key leadership skills
- To develop essential people management skills
- To develop key coaching and delegation techniques to strengthen the team’s capabilities
- To increase your confidence and ability in performance managing your team members
- To understand your own leadership style, the impact this can have on others, and how to adapt your style to suit the individual and the situation
This session explores the conscious and non-conscious facts about how we humans send and receive communication and the huge impact it has on us.
Great communicators fully understand that our emotional states determine not just how we feel but how we act; how we make decisions and what decisions they are; our attitudes; our self-worth and motivation or lack of it. The key to your success is entwined in your ability to communicate effectively.
- Understanding that great communication transfers understanding not just information
- Discover how large the non-conscious element of communication really is and why
- Understanding the power of Beliefs, Values and Focus
- Understanding the power of body language
- Reflection on your own views of the world and how they differ from others
- Learning why you think the way you do
- Understanding how to improve every relationship in your life dramatics
High Performing teams do not just occur; they are built on the back of desire; communication skills; a common vision and purpose and individual and collective commitment to an attitude of achieving more than yesterday but not as much as tomorrow.
- To raise team morale and team spirit
- For delegates to understand the impact that change has had and will continue to have upon themselves and their colleagues
- For each delegate to understand the necessary ingredients required for effective teamwork
- For delegates to understand how their individual working styles impact upon themselves, their tasks, and their colleagues
- For each delegate to be actively involved in making decisions about the future conduct of the team in pursuance of its goals
- For delegates to participate in a fun, motivational, interactive day that will allow them to build more fruitful working relationships with their team colleagues
Social Style is the world’s leading behavioural style model. It has been used by thousands of organisations to improve leadership performance and results. Global organisations and leading executives use social style because it’s highly effective, yet easy to understand and apply. Years of research into workplace success have shown that people are one of four social styles, each with their own preferred way of acting, thinking and making decisions. Understanding those preferences and applying versatility strategies, helps you determine the best way to interact with everyone more successfully.
- Ability to establish relationships with direct reports
- Ability to work well within a team
- Effectiveness as a team leader
- Ability to be open with others
- Ability to effectively coach others
- Ability to influence or persuade others
- Willingness to set challenging and realistic goals
- Ability to prioritise and focus on what is important
- Persistence in overcoming obstacles