We’re looking for a HCA to cover GP Clinic within Acute ED department.
Location: Aintree University Hospital, Lower Lane, Liverpool L9 7AL
Planned service commencement: 03.01.2022
Service Hours: 9am-9pm
Roles offered: Part time and full time
Pay: £320 PER DAY
Full training will be provided.
Expected Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Assist in creating a supportive and caring environment.
- Dispose of clinical waste in line with health and safety instructions
- Undertake clinical activities as directed and under the supervision of the clinical team.
- Measure and record routine observations of temperature, pulse, blood pressure, weight and urinalysis
- Apply simple dressings to speciality definition
- Assist with patient mobility using correct equipment and techniques
- Handle and label specimens safely and correctly
- Obtain blood sugar levels using B.M.stix
- Assist patients and chaperone whilst clinical examination / procedures are being
- Collect drugs required for the appropriate clinical session, ensuring safe return and storage after clinical session has ended
- Information and Communication
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times
- Record demographic details of individuals in manual and computerised records.
- Answer telephone courteously, relay messages accurately and promptly, answer
- General enquiries by visitors
- Verbally update the GP regarding patient’s condition in waiting area if required
- Support communication with patients, relatives or their carers and encourage participation including assisting patients, relatives and carers where there are specific communication difficulties.
- Support distressed patients and relatives
- Be aware of and support individual, religious, cultural and psychological needs
- Ensure correct clinical information is displayed, regularly updated and waiting times monitored
- Check referral letters, results / x-rays/etc. are available for clinical session, and contact relevant departments to obtain information, if not available
- Direction of patients to relevant areas for investigations, giving written information as
- Contribute towards a clean, safe and healthy environment
- Prepare clinical area and department prior to start of clinics
- Maintain general tidiness and cleanliness of the department
- Maintain, monitor and control stock and equipment within the department, reporting any deficit to senior trust governance lead on duty
- Prepare specific equipment required within the department prior to clinical
- Procedures if required, i.e. samples bloods, etc.
- Assist in protecting patients, visitors and staff from abuse and assist in managing abusive and aggressive behaviour
- Be responsible for clinical incident reporting according to the Trust’s health and safety standards.
For further information on this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.