A Complete guide to Clinical Services: Information & Resources
- Clinical Services for helping NHS trusts reduce patient waiting times
- Clinical Services Insourcing – A seamless extension to your Trust’s existing service
- Clinical Services Outsourcing to extend patient capacity off-site
- Clinical Services mobile units to maximise patient capacity
- Virtual Services for Remote Triaging and Consultations
- ID Medical Clinical Service specialties
- Why choose ID Medical for your Insourcing or Outsourcing Clinical Services needs?
The NHS is facing unprecedented challenges due to the ongoing pressures of an ageing population, rising demand and limited resources.
Key issues that NHS trusts are struggling with include the backlog of elective procedures and diagnostics, which has resulted in long waiting times and reduced quality of care for patients.
“There were 105,855 vacancies (8%) in the
NHS between January and March 2022.”
To address such challenges, NHS trusts need to find innovative and cost-effective ways to increase their capacity and efficiency, while maintaining high standards of safety and quality.
And a key area of focus needs to be Clinical Services, as clinical staff accounts for around half of all NHS employees. With 1 in 13 posts vacant in hospitals and community services, significant support is required to address this shortfall.
2) Clinical Services for helping NHS trusts reduce patient waiting times
Of all the challenges for trusts and the NHS, the long waiting times for elective care is one of the most pressing. In 2022, the average waiting time for elective surgery in England was 12 weeks. This means that many patients are having to wait months for the treatment they need.
“As of January 2023, there were 7.2 million patients on the
waiting list for consultant-led treatment in England – the highest
waiting list in the current time series going back to 2007.”
The impact of long waiting times
Long waiting times can have a significant impact on patients’ health and wellbeing. They can lead to pain, anxiety, and depression. In some cases, they can even lead to a worsening of patients’ conditions. Long waiting times can also be a financial burden for patients, as they may have to take time off work or travel long distances for treatment.
Long waiting times can also affect the reputation and performance of NHS trusts, as well as their ability to meet national targets and standards.
Clinical Services innovation
This pressure and demand to improve efficiency and deliver prompt care has led to the emergence of innovative solutions offered by Clinical Services providers.
“ID Medical’s Clinical Services have helped us
reduce our waiting times significantly, which has
improved our performance and patient satisfaction.”
– Trust Manager
With a dedicated Clinical Services department, ID Medical is a trusted vendor that collaborates with hospitals and NHS trusts to deliver tailored Clinical Service solutions that reduce patient waiting times while ensuring high-quality care.
We offer a range of solutions to help NHS trusts deliver more care to more patients, faster and better. Whether it is Insourcing, Outsourcing, mobile units or virtual services, ID Medical can provide a tailored solution that meets the specific needs and objectives of each trust.
Teams of qualified and experienced clinicians, nurses, allied health professionals and support staff, can work alongside NHS staff or independently, depending on the specific requirements.
With ID Medical’s Clinical Services, NHS trusts can reduce patient waiting times, increase patient capacity, improve patient outcomes, enhance patient experience, optimise staff utilisation, generate income, and save costs.
How ID Medical reduces patient waiting times
As patient waiting times are a crucial factor in determining the overall patient experience and satisfaction, ID Medical’s Clinical Services focus on optimising workflows and streamlining processes to minimise delays.
By collaborating closely with NHS trusts and hospitals, we’re able to identify bottlenecks in the patient journey and develop targeted strategies to address them.
Through the deployment of multidisciplinary teams, the efficiency of any department can be enhanced, such as emergency services, diagnostics, or outpatient clinics.
Measuring success: patient satisfaction
At ID Medical, we take pride in consistently achieving high patient satisfaction scores through our comprehensive approach.
To achieve such results, we emphasise effective communication and collaboration among healthcare teams. By fostering a culture of patient-centred care, we ensure that patients feel supported and well-informed throughout their healthcare journey.
Collaborative partnerships with NHS trusts
With our Clinical Services, we form strategic partnerships with NHS trusts and hospitals to tackle the challenge of patient waiting times collaboratively.
By understanding the unique needs and objectives of each Healthcare Organisation, we can tailor our Clinical Services solutions accordingly. This partnership-based approach ensures seamless integration of Clinical Services within existing healthcare Frameworks, leading to sustainable improvements across the board.
With ID Medical’s Clinical Services as a trusted partner, NHS trusts can focus on their core mission of providing excellent patient care while reducing waiting times.
3) Clinical Services Insourcing – a seamless extension to your trust’s existing service
Clinical Services Insourcing can be a valuable tool for NHS trusts. It can help to improve patient outcomes, increase flexibility, and save money.
Rather than relying solely on individual staffing or temporary agency solutions, Clinical Services Insourcing offers a comprehensive and sustainable approach.
By partnering with a reputable Clinical Service provider like ID Medical, hospitals and NHS trusts can access dedicated teams of highly skilled professionals who seamlessly integrate with their existing service structure.
This collaboration fosters a cohesive and efficient healthcare ecosystem, ensuring improved patient outcomes and satisfaction.
Insourcing is also ideal for NHS trusts that have spare capacity in their facilities and equipment, but lack the staff or resources to utilise them fully.
Benefits of Clinical Services Insourcing:
- Enhanced quality of care: By leveraging the expertise of specialised Clinical Service teams alongside your own, you can elevate the quality of care delivered to patients. These teams can bring additional knowledge and experience, complementing your existing staff and filling skills gaps. Consequently, the delivery of diagnostic procedures, medication management, and patient transportation becomes more streamlined and efficient.
- Flexibility and scalability: Clinical Services Insourcing offers you the flexibility to scale your services based on demand. You can efficiently adjust staffing levels and service provision according to patient needs, ensuring optimal resource allocation. Whether for short-term projects or long-term partnerships, Clinical Service solutions can adapt to the ever-changing healthcare landscape.
- Cost-efficiency: Incorporating Clinical Services Insourcing can bring significant cost benefits to hospitals and NHS trusts. By partnering with a Clinical Service provider, your organisation can access economies of scale, avoiding the expenses associated with individual recruitment, training, and management. Moreover, through improved efficiency and productivity, cost savings can be realised without compromising patient care quality.
- Improved patient experience: Patient satisfaction is a crucial measure of healthcare success, and Clinical Services Insourcing plays a vital role in elevating the patient experience. The dedicated teams we provide through our Clinical Services are committed to delivering exceptional care, resulting in high patient satisfaction scores.
- Collaborative partnership: Clinical Services Insourcing fosters a collaborative partnership between hospitals and service providers. This collaboration promotes knowledge sharing and continuous improvement, ultimately benefiting your organisation and the broader healthcare community.
Clinical Services Insourcing presents a transformative solution if you’re seeking to optimise service delivery. And as healthcare continues to evolve, embracing Clinical Services Insourcing is a strategic step towards elevating patient care and achieving operational excellence.
At ID Medical, our Clinical Services solutions for NHS trusts cover a range of specialties, including surgery, endoscopy, diagnostics, ophthalmology, dermatology, cardiology, gynaecology and more.
Our Insourcing teams consist of well-trained and vetted clinicians who are fully compliant with all relevant regulations and standards, such as CQC, GMC, NMC and HCPC.
4) Clinical Services Outsourcing to extend patient capacity off-site
“The NHS target in England is that less than 1% of people
should wait more than 6 weeks for a diagnostic test.
This target has not been met since 2013.”
As hospitals strive to meet the increasing demands for healthcare services, Clinical Services Outsourcing has emerged as an effective solution for reducing in-premise burdens.
Outsourcing can help NHS trusts extend their patient capacity off-site, when they have limited space or resources within their premises. It’s an ideal solution if you have have high demand for certain specialties, but do not have enough staff, equipment or facilities to meet it.
And by partnering with a specialised Clinical Service provider like ID Medical, you can refer patients to external providers who can offer them the same quality of care sooner, without compromising on safety or standards. Outsourcing helps to reduce waiting lists, improves patient flow and can lower costs.
Taking the pressure off with Clinical Services Outsourcing
With ID Medical’s Clinical Services Outsourcing services, you can access a pool of highly skilled professionals and specialised teams, eliminating the need for time-consuming recruitment processes. This allows you to quickly adapt to fluctuating patient demands while maintaining optimal staffing levels.
As ID Medical’s Outsourced Clinical Services are flexible to demand and offer short-term and long-term service solutions, you can also easily scale your operations according to seasonal variations, patient influxes, or specific project requirements. This flexibility ensures that you can meet patient needs efficiently while optimising resource allocation.
Our range of outsourced Clinical Services, include:
Diagnostic services: Our state-of-the-art diagnostic facilities and expert teams deliver accurate and timely diagnostic services. This can help you expedite patient diagnoses and treatment plans.
Specialty procedures: By Outsourcing specialty procedures such as surgeries and interventional treatments, you can expand your service offerings and accommodate more patients without straining existing resources.
Rehabilitation programs: ID Medical’s outsourced programs help you to provide comprehensive rehabilitation services to patients, including physiotherapy, occupational therapy, and psychological support.
5) Clinical Services mobile units to maximise patient capacity
Utilising mobile units enables you to provide extended Clinical Services using state-of-the-art equipment and facilities in an innovatively flexible manner. These self-contained units can be transported to any location and set up quickly and easily.
Mobile units can also help to maximise your patient capacity, especially if you have limited space or resources within your premises.
“Mobile units are enabling sophisticated digital solutions
to be used to help vulnerable patients get diagnoses
quickly and easily without needing to visit a hospital”
– Patrick Clark, director of infrastructure services at NHS Digital
NHS trusts that have used mobile units have been able to offer additional appointments or procedures to their patients in convenient locations, whether it’s a community centre, a GP surgery, or even a car park or school. Mobile units can also help with seasonal peaks or unexpected surges in demand.
- Increased patient access to care: Mobile units can be deployed to areas that are underserved by traditional healthcare provision. This can help to improve patient access to care, especially for those who live in rural or remote areas.
- Reduced waiting times: Mobile units can help to reduce waiting times for appointments. This is because they can be deployed quickly and efficiently to meet the needs of patients.
- Improved patient outcomes: Mobile units can help to improve patient outcomes by providing care in a more timely and convenient manner. This can lead to better health and wellbeing for patients.
- Cost-effectiveness: Mobile units can be a cost-effective way to provide Clinical Services. This is because they can be deployed to areas where there is a high demand for care, but where there are limited resources.
Innovative Clinical Services Solutions with ID Medical’s mobile units
Fully equipped with state-of-the-art medical equipment and staffed by expert teams, our mobile units for Clinical Services offer a pioneering approach to extending patient capacity beyond the confines of traditional hospital settings.
By bringing healthcare services directly to your patients, you can alleviate the pressure on your current facilities. You can effectively extend your patient capacity, enhance community outreach, and improve overall healthcare accessibility too.
Some key features of ID Medical Clinical Services mobile units:
Onboard diagnostics: Our mobile units are equipped with advanced diagnostic equipment, enabling efficient onsite testing and rapid results.
Treatment facilities: We provide treatment spaces within the mobile units, allowing for minor procedures, wound care, and other medical interventions.
Patient engagement: Our mobile units are designed to create a patient-centric environment, promoting comfort and privacy throughout the care process.
As an established, reliable and flexible solution for rapidly maximising patient throughput, mobile units offer myriad benefits:
6) Virtual services for remote triaging and consultations
Virtual Clinical Services is another area of innovative care that enables improved levels of service delivery. Virtual triaging and consultations allow patients to speak to Healthcare Professionals from the comfort of their own homes, without having to travel to a hospital or clinic.
Benefits of virtual triaging and consultations
The benefits of using virtual services for triaging and consultations are extensive. They include:
- Patients can access care from anywhere, at any time
- It can be a more cost-effective way to provide care than traditional face-to-face appointments
- It can help to improve patient outcomes by providing care in a more timely and convenient manner
- It can help to reduce the risk of infection
“The advantages of virtual wards for both staff and
patients have been a real game-changer for the
way hospital care is delivered.”
– NHS national medical director, Professor Sir Stephen Powis
Virtual triaging and consultations – convenience and immediacy
In the modern medical environment – with all its pressures and demands – Virtual triaging and consultations are valuable tools all healthcare providers should be considering.
Virtual triaging has revolutionised the way patients can be assessed and categorised based on the urgency of their conditions.
Through secure digital channels, trained Clinical Service Professionals can remotely evaluate patients’ symptoms and medical histories, allowing for accurate prioritisation and efficient allocation of resources. This approach can significantly reduce the burden on emergency departments, optimise patient flow, and enhance overall healthcare efficiency.
Remote consultations provide a convenient and accessible means for patients to connect with Healthcare Professionals. By utilising teleconferencing tools and secure platforms, individuals can receive expert medical advice, discuss treatment options, and receive ongoing support without the need for in-person visits.
This approach is particularly beneficial for patients with chronic conditions, as it allows for regular monitoring and timely intervention, reducing the risk of complications and hospital admissions.
As well as improving access to care, virtual Clinical Services also have the potential to alleviate the strain on your healthcare resources. By minimising unnecessary hospital visits and optimising the use of clinical staff, you can allocate resources more effectively, providing timely care to those who need it the most. This translates into cost savings, improved operational efficiency, and enhanced patient outcomes.
ID Medical’s Virtual Services have facilitated over 50,000 remote consultations.
At ID Medical, we recognise the importance of remote healthcare delivery, especially in situations where physical contact is limited or not feasible.
Our Virtual Services enable NHS trusts to provide comprehensive remote triaging and consultations, ensuring patients receive timely and appropriate care in the most comfortable setting of all – the comfort of their own homes.
7) ID Medical Clinical Service specialties
With a focus on delivering exceptional patient care and positive outcomes, ID Medical’s Clinical Services are committed to making a positive impact on the healthcare landscape.
With a pledge to excellence, a patient-centric approach, and the ability to adapt to the evolving healthcare landscape, we offer a comprehensive range of solutions tailored to the unique requirements of healthcare providers. These solutions include long-term service partnerships, consultancy services, and the implementation of innovative Clinical Service solutions.
By understanding the specific needs of each organisation and collaborating closely with stakeholders, we’re able to ensure the delivery of sustainable and impactful solutions.
The range of Clinical Service specialties ID Medical covers encompasses various medical disciplines. They include:
- Primary care
- Emergency medicine
- Obstetrics and gynaecology
- Mental Health
- Rehabilitation services
Our commitment to quality
ID Medical is a CQC-registered provider offering robust clinical assurance comprising QA and governance functions.
We are committed to providing high-quality Clinical Services and are dedicated to connecting and supporting the people and organisations who take care of our health every day.
ID Medical develops sustainable workforce solutions that bridge the gap between supply and demand.
We have a rigorous selection process for our clinical professionals, and we provide ongoing training and development to ensure that our teams are up-to-date with the latest clinical knowledge and practices.
8) Why choose ID Medical for your Insourcing or Outsourcing Clinical Services needs?
If you are considering Insourcing or Outsourcing your Clinical Services, there are many factors to consider. Here are just a few of the reasons why you should choose ID Medical:
- We have a team of experienced and qualified clinical professionals. Our team includes doctors, nurses, surgeons, and other Healthcare Professionals with a wide range of skills and experience. We are confident that we can provide you with the right team to meet your specific needs.
- We offer a flexible and scalable service. We can provide you with short-term or long-term Clinical Services, as well as ad hoc support. We are also able to scale our services to meet your changing needs.
- We are cost-effective. We offer our services at a competitive price. We are also able to help you save money by reducing your overhead costs.
- We have a proven track record of success. We have a long history of delivering high-quality, cost-effective Clinical Services. Our clients include some of the leading NHS trusts and private healthcare providers in the UK.
Here are some more key benefits of choosing ID Medical for your Clinical Services needs:
- 30% average savings on NHS tariffs. We can help you save money by reducing your overhead costs and negotiating favourable rates with NHS providers.
- We offer 24/7 elective care services, so you can be sure that your patients will receive the care they need, when they need it.
- We can usually deploy our teams within 2 weeks, so you can get the support you need quickly.
ID Medical delivers millions of pounds worth of savings against NHS tariffs.
Trusted partner to the NHS
At ID Medical, we have established ourselves as a trusted partner to the NHS, supporting its Clinical Services needs across various specialties and regions.
With in-depth understanding of the healthcare system and the unique challenges faced by the NHS, we’re able to offer completely tailored solutions that align with the NHS’s objectives and priorities.
By partnering with us, you can augment your existing teams with highly skilled clinical professionals to enhance patient care delivery and achieve significant cost savings.
Expertise and experience: With years of experience in healthcare provision, we have developed a deep understanding of the challenges faced by NHS trusts. Our expertise and knowledge allow us to deliver effective and innovative clinical solutions.
Quality and compliance: We adhere to the highest quality and compliance standards, ensuring that all our services meet regulatory requirements and industry best practices. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in our outstanding patient satisfaction scores and clinical outcomes.
Tailored solutions: We recognise that each NHS trust has unique needs and goals. Our Clinical Services are tailored to your specific requirements, providing personalised solutions that align with your organisational objectives.
Capacity and scalability: ID Medical has the capacity and scalability to meet the evolving needs of NHS trusts. Whether you require short-term assistance or long-term partnerships, we have the resources and flexibility to support your Clinical Service requirements.
Innovation and technology: We continuously invest in cutting-edge technologies and innovative approaches to healthcare delivery. By leveraging advanced tools and digital solutions, we optimise efficiency, enhance patient experiences, and drive positive outcomes.
Cost-effectiveness: Our Clinical Services offer cost-effective solutions for NHS trusts, helping you optimise resource allocation and achieve budgetary objectives without compromising the quality of patient care.
Register with ID Medical today
And unlock the potential to transform your healthcare delivery.
Choose ID Medical as your trusted Clinical Service provider.
Contact us today to discuss your specific requirements and discover how our tailored solutions can help your organisation thrive.
+44 (0) 1908 525 756 / email@example.com